American College of Sports Medicine Position Statements and Team Physician Consensus Statements
*DACBSP® candidates are responsible for the reading list below, as well as the CCSP® reading list (click here)*
ACBSP™ recognizes the Position Statements and Team Physician Statements of the American College of Sports Medicine that are listed below. They can be found by clicking here.
- Exercise and Acute Cardiovascular Events: Placing the Risks into Perspective
- Exercise and Hypertension
- Exercise and Physical Activity for Older Adults
- Exercise and Type 2 Diabetes: American College of Sports Medicine and the American Diabetes
- Mass Participation Event Management for the Team Physician: A Consensus Statement
- Psychological Issues Related to Injury in Athletes and the Team Physician: A Consensus Statement
- Quantity and Quality of Exercise for Developing and Maintaining Cardiorespiratory, Musculoskeletal, and Neuromotor Fitness in Apparently Healthy Adults: Guidance for Prescribing
- Selected Issues for the Adolescent Athlete and the Team Physician: A Consensus Statement
- Selected Issues for the Master Athlete and the Team Physician: A Consensus Statement
DACBSP® Text Books
- ACSM Sports Medicine: A Comprehensive Review; 2012 ISBN-13; 978-1451104257; ISBN-10; 1451104251
- Evidence Based Sports Medicine 2nd Ed; 2007 ISBN-13: 978-1405132985; ISBN-10; 1405132981
- Orthopedic Manual Therapy 2nd Ed 2011 Cook, ISBN-13: 978-0138021733; ISBN-10: 0138021732
- Physical Agents in Rehabilitation 3rd Ed, Michelle H. Cameron, Saunders / Elsevier 2009; ISBN-13: 978-1416032571; ISBN-10: 1416032571; ISBN-10: 1416032576
- Sports Injury: Prevention and Rehabilitation, Shamus and Shamus, 2001 McGraw-Hill; ISBN-13: 978-0071354752; ISBN-10: 0071354751
- Sport Notes, Field and Clinical Examination Guide by Dawn Gulick 2008 www.fadavis.com; ISBN-13: 978-0803618756; ISBN-10: 0803618751
- Chiropractic Technique: Principles and Procedures, Bergman and Peterson, 2011 Mosby Inc.; ISBN-13: 978-0323049696; ISBN-10: 0323049699
- Principles and Practices of Chiropractic, Scott Haldeman 2005 McGraw-Hill; ISBN-13: 978-0071375344; ISBN-10: 00713753410071375341
Additional DACBSP® Journal Articles
Articles marked with an asterisk (*) do not have open access.
· AMSSM Concussion Position Statement
· FAI in Athletes Current Sports Medicine Reports 2013*
· NATA Position Statement Prehospital Care of the Spine-Injured Athlete
· Physical Activity with Scoliosis
· Return to Play after Cervical Spine Injury*
· Review of FAI in Athletes*
· The Mechanisms of Manual Therapy...
· Transparency of research methods: proud to be a Naked Emperor.
· Questioning the importance of authorship
· Evidence-based practice in 5 simple steps.
· How to write a case report for publication