2020 CERTIFICATION MAINTENANCE PERIOD OPEN NOVEMBER 1, 2019 – JUNE 30, 2020
Please know that you must have cookies enabled for the form and payment system to work properly.
Although the CCSP® and DACBSP® certifications do not have an expiration date, failure to comply with ACBSP™ certification maintenance policies will result in the individual’s certification being designated as inactive.
Summary of Annual Certification Maintenance Requirements
- Continuing Education specific to the topic of sports medicine:
- All CCSP® certificants are required to attend 12 hours of continuing education specific to the topic of sports medicine between Jan 1 - Dec 31.
- All DACBSP® certificants are required to attend 24 hours of continuing education specific to the topic of sports medicine between Jan 1 - Dec 31.
- All certificants must maintain an active healthcare provider level CPR certification at all times from the American Red Cross, American Heart Association or equivalent certification. See CPR Policy.
- All certificants must complete "misconduct in sport" training. Click here for more information.
- All certificants must pay an annual maintenance fee as set by the board of directors.
- The annual certification maintenance fee is due before January 31 each year. When paid prior to January 31 the fee is $125.
- If paid February 1 - June 30, the fee is $150.
- If the fee is not paid by June 30, the certification is placed in an inactive status and the doctor's name and information is removed from the online certificant directory and the doctor is no longer permitted to use the credential.
- All certificants must complete a certification maintenance registration form annually. The web-based registration form requires each active certificant to:
- Provide current business demographic data.
- Attest to his/her current compliance and continued compliance with the requirements of the ACBSP™ Certification Maintenance and Continuing Education Policy.
- Attest to his/her acceptance of the Certificant and Candidate Agreement and Release.
- All ACBSP™ certificants are required to maintain personal records as evidence of meeting the requirements described here.