The DACBSP® and CCSP® written exams are offered twice each year. The spring exams are held at our symposium location, which usually takes place each April. Fall exams are offered at several locations on the same date. The fall exams are typically held in early November and the locations, usually announced in mid-summer, vary each year.
The DACBSP® and CCSP® written exams will next be offered the morning of Friday, April 21, 2017 at at the location of our 2017 symposium: Antlers Hotel in Colorado Springs, Colorado. The exams are offered exclusively on this one date. No other exam locations will be offered. Registration is open until March 7, 2017.
The firm exam application deadline is Tuesday, March 7, 2017. All application materials must be received at the ACBSP national office no later than Tuesday, March 7, 2017 . The exam application deadline is always 45 days prior to the exam date.
Please review the ACBSP™ CCSP® Examination Policy or the ACBSP™ DACBSP® Examination Policy to ensure your complete understanding of the requirements for the exam you intend to undertake.
A complete application package will include:
- A completed online application form and application fee paid in full. The online application form must be completed to begin the exam application process.
- Please know that you must have cookies enabled for the form and payment system to work properly. Information about how to enable cookies in various internet browsers is available here on the ACBSP FAQ page.
- The online application form asks you to attest that you have read and understand the Certificant and Candidate Agreement and Release. Follow the link and read the document in full.
- Please note that your application package will NOT be complete or processed until the remaining requirements listed below are received at the ACBSP national office. These must be received no later than 45 days prior to the exam date.
- DACBSP candidates please note that the online application form will allow you to apply to take the DACBSP practical exam also, if desired; only one completed application form is required. Be sure to make all of the appropriate selections on the form.
- DACBSP candidates must maintain their CCSP certification in a current and active status with the ACBSP. If the doctor’s CCSP certification is found to not be in good standing with the ACBSP, the certification status must be rectified prior to being permitted to take the exams or prior to the acceptance of field hours or the written project.
- A copy of your healthcare provider level CPR card. This item must be submitted prior to the application deadline AND it must still be valid on the date of the exam. It may be faxed or emailed to the ACBSP national office (contact information shown below).
- A copy of your DC license. The license must be valid on the exam date AND proof of current status must be submitted prior to the application deadline. If you are not yet licensed a copy of your DC diploma* may be accepted. This item may be faxed or emailed to the ACBSP national office (contact information shown below).
- The transcript record of the qualifying post-graduate training. Transcripts must come directly from the issuing college or certifying body to the ACBSP national office.
- The appropriate CCSP® or DACBSP® course transcript showing successful completion of the requisite number of hours successfully completed (100 hours CCSP/200 hours DACBSP).
- All course hours must be reported on one transcript from a single accredited chiropractic college. If you took course hours from more than one college, you will need to contact your colleges to learn how to transfer some of your hours so that all of the hours are recorded on a single transcript from one school.
- If you are using a MS degree, residency program experience, or ATC certification to qualify to for the CCSP exam, we will need a transcript from your college or certifying organization (NATA) as evidence of completion of the course of study or certification. Please have your school or organization fax or email the transcript to ACBSP National Office (contact information shown below).
*ALL exam application documents must be received no later than the exam application deadline, which is 45 days prior to the exam date. If ALL application materials are not received before the deadline, you will not be permitted to take the exam.
- $50 non-refundable.
- 50% of the exam application fee minus $50 fee will be refunded with written cancellation 14-28 days prior to exam date.
- Written cancellations received less than 14 days prior to the exam date will receive no refund without documentation of a medical emergency.
ACBSP National office fax numbers: (844) 327-2255 or (888) 358-3088
ACBSP National office email address: firstname.lastname@example.org