The DACBSP® practical exam will be offered on Thursday April 20, 2017 with candidate training beginning at 9:00 am at the Antlers Hotel in Colorado Springs, CO; the site of the 2017 Chiropractic Sports Science Symposium.
The firm exam application deadline is Tuesday March 7, 2017. All application materials must be received at the ACBSP national office no later than Tuesday March 7, 2017.
This testing event is open to all qualified DACBSP candidates who have completed the appropriate post-graduate training at an accredited college. Please review the ACBSP™ DACBSP® Examination Policy to ensure your complete understanding of the requirements.
Candidates may apply to contest all 6 stations of the practical exam or retake any of the stations previously attempted and failed.
A complete application package will include:
- A completed online application form and application fee paid in full. The online application form must be completed to begin the exam application process.
- Please know that you must have cookies enabled for the form and payment system to work properly. Information about how to enable cookies in various internet browsers is available here on the ACBSP FAQ page.
- The online application form asks you to attest that you have read and understand the Certificant and Candidate Agreement and Release. Follow the link and read the document in full.
- The online application form will allow you to apply to take the DACBSP written exam also, if desired; only one completed application form is required.
- Please note that the application package will NOT be complete or processed until the remaining requirements listed below are received at the ACBSP national office. These must be received no later than 45 days prior to the exam date.
- A copy of the candidate's healthcare provider level CPR card*. The CPR card must be valid on the exam date AND must be submitted prior to the application deadline.
- A copy of the candidate’s DC license*. The license must be valid on the exam date AND proof of current status must be submitted prior to the application deadline. If the candidate is not yet licensed a copy of his/her DC diploma* or complete transcript may be accepted.
- The transcript record of the qualifying post-graduate training. Transcripts must come directly from the issuing college to the ACBSP national office. The college may mail, fax, or email the transcript to the ACBSP. The candidate must request that the college send the transcript to the ACBSP; the ACBSP will not make transcript requests to the colleges.
- The DACBSP® course transcript showing successful completion of a minimum of 200 hours.
- All course hours must be reported on one transcript from a single accredited chiropractic college. If the candidate took course hours at more than one college, the candidate will need to contact all colleges to learn how to transfer hours so that all of the hours are recorded and reported on a single transcript.
- If the candidate is using a MS degree or completion of a sport medicine residency program to qualify to for the DACBSP exams, the candidate will need to request that the college send a transcript to the ACBSP national office as evidence of successful completion of the course of study.
*These items may be emailed, faxed, or mailed to the ACBSP national office and must be received no later than 45 days prior to the exam date. If ALL application materials are not received before the deadline, the candidate will not be permitted to take the exam.
If a candidate is applying to retake the practical exam, please understand that due to the nature of retake examinations, the national office may already have the necessary transcript, CPR certification, and DC license on file. It is the candidate's responsibility to confirm the status of their application file with the national office.