The 2017 CERTIFICATION MAINTENANCE FORM is now OPEN
Please know that you must have cookies enabled for the form and payment system to work properly. Information about how to enable cookies in various internet browsers is available here on the ACBSP FAQ page.
Although the CCSP® and DACBSP® certifications do not have an expiration date, failure to comply with ACBSP certification maintenance policies will result in the individual’s certification being designated as inactive.
In addition to reviewing the summary list provided below, please read ACBSP™ Certification Maintenance and Continuing Education Policy in it entirety.
Summary of Annual Certification Maintenance Requirements
- All CCSP® certificants are required to attend 12 hours of continuing education specific to the topic of sports medicine each calendar year.
- All DACBSP® certificants are required to attend 24 hours of continuing education specific to the topic of sports medicine each calendar year.
- All certificants must maintain an active healthcare provider level CPR certification at all times from the American Red Cross, American Heart Association, or equivalent certification.
- All certificants must pay an annual maintenance fee as set by the board of directors.
a. The annual certification maintenance fee is due before January 31 each year. When paid prior to January 31 the fee is $125. If paid February 1 - June 30 the fee is $150. If the fee is not paid by June 30 the certification is placed in an inactive status and the doctor's name and information is removed from the online certificant directory and the doctor is no longer permitted to use the credential.
- Effective January 1, 2015, all certificants must complete a certification maintenance registration form annually. The web-based registration form requires each active certificant to:
- Provide current personal and business demographic data.
- Attest to his/her current compliance and continued compliance with the requirements of the ACBSP Certification Maintenance and Continuing Education Policy.
- Attest to his/her acceptance of the Certificant and Candidate Agreement and Release.
- All ACBSP certificants are required to maintain personal records as evidence of meeting the requirements described here.